Welcome to my site! BDL Biochem LLC started a few years ago as a way to pick up Craigslist jobs when the start up company I was working for ran out of money. These Craigslist jobs ignited my passion for things I’d like to continue to do for the rest of my career. Two of these include:
- getting an FDA “new dietary ingredient letter of acknowledgment” for an Egyptian cupric niacin chelate
- writing content for educational websites recruiting patients to clinical trials
While my PhD is in Physiology, I’ve been working as a biochemist. You’ll find elements of both in my work. I enjoy taking difficult scientific concepts and making them easier to understand.
- PDF files of journal papers. I charge $5 per PDF copies of papers available from electronic journals at the local university. The journals typically charge $30.
- Doing something completely new that I probably can do but haven’t proven it yet: $20. I charged $20/hr pulling together published literature and clinical trial data on the Egyptian cupric niacin chelate.
- Website content writing: I have earned $40/hr writing content. For not for profits and start ups I charge$20 per hour
- Original images: This one is up for negotiation. Most of the images on this site are original and easy for me to produce. I will charge $5 for images similar to those on this site.
- Informational websites: I charge $20 per set up. Adding content comes to $20 per hour. I can make you a co-administrator. I’ve found that people are often unwilling to read PDF or Word documents when they are traveling. Website information is great because it can be read from a cell phone. The plan is to one day offer SEO optimization.
Co-authored blogs for content advertising
Content writing for Ignyta was truly a remarkable experience that could have been made more remarkable if Ignyta scientists had time to interact with me. Content advertising might have two purposes
- driving web traffic
- instilling confidence
Many biotech company websites are written by scientists for other scientists. My Ignyta experience taught me the value of writing for well motivated lay people. My specialty is supplying entertaining original background information. Where co-authoring blogs might work is
- Your customers might have even more confidence in your product if the final details are written in your words.
- I may need your help in understanding the more advanced technical details. We will work together on graphics so that all viewers have mental images of what your company is all about.